Signal Gold never looked sexier.
It shouldn’t be a surprise that the Porsche 911 RS 2.7 is so highly coveted amongst collectors and enthusiasts. For many, it’s one of the definitive 911s and its race-winning performance amplified its already legendary status. Later this month, RM Sotheby’s will be auctioning off one very special RS 2.7, a pre-production prototype, of which nine were produced.
This specific model was the second of nine prototypes and wears a beautiful Signal Gold exterior and is missing the signature ducktail spoiler of the production model. It also features slightly wider rear wheel fenders, an 85L gas tank, and chrome trim around the turn signals, a detail that was eventually changed to black.
$ 1.2-$ 1,500,000, rmsothebys.com
- A brand new 1993 Porsche 911 RSR 3.8 is going up for sale at Villa Erba
- This month in History-1881: American Red Cross founded
- Infiniti looks to the past and the future with its Prototype 10 concept
- 11 Items to Pack for this Month’s Sky Events
- Worn & Wound’s Wind-Up watch fair is heading west to San Francisco next month