Gamers and tech nerds around the world rejoice! The Oculus Rift is nearly here. While developer units have been floating around for what seems like forever now, we finally have information on shipping and that’s “early 2016”. It may not seem like much, but when you consider that we’ve been waiting for a retail release of the Oculus Rift since 2012, the fact that we finally have a rough release date is really something else.
While there’s no new information on what specs the Oculus Rift will have, we’re guessing that the latest developer preview version that they showed off called “Crescent Bay” won’t be too far off from the final product. Crescent Bay was showed off earlier this year and described as the most complete virtual reality experience by those who had a chance to try it out. Oh, and if case you were wondering there’s no word on pricing, launch games, or Facebook integration at this point either. Bummer.
- Oculus Promises ‘Big Year’ For VR In 2014
- Augmented Reality Visor Will Overlay Data On The Real World.
- McLaren 650S Slated For Geneva Auto Show
- Glider Gloves’ Winter Style Touchscreen Gloves Will Help You Survive Winterpocalypse 2016
- This Week In Seinfeld: Ranking Jerry’s GFs And A VR Tour Of His Apartment