The boot and sneakers feature copper-inspired colorways.
Danner and New Balance are back together again for their second Made in the US collaboration and this time around the companies will be paying tribute to their hometowns. The copper elements were inspired by the story of the “Portland Penny,” a copper one-cent coin that was flipped by New Englanders Asa Lovejoy and Francis Pettygrove to decide who would name what is now known as Portland, Oregon. The 995 ($ 280) features a nubuck leather upper with oxidized copper eyelets and the Mountain Light Pioneer boot ($ 400) also features a nubuck leather upper as well as oxidized copper lace lace rings and hooks.
The shoes will be available at Danner and New Balance’s individual online stores and select global retailers on December 2nd.
- Oregon Proud | Danner’s Portland Select Collection
- Danner and Filson combine their expertise for all things rugged in a new boot
- Danner draws from its past for its new Mountain 600 Hiking Boot
- Instrmnt previews their upcoming watch collaboration with Christopher Raeburn
- Antarctic Expeditions inspire Nigel Cabourn’s latest collaboration with Converse